Solar Powered Clean Water and Desalination
Start saving today.
This $18 billion (worldwide) market is growing at a rate of 55% annually, yet much of the industry is exclusively dependent on natural gas. Artic Solar XCPC technology allows large desalination operations to drastically lower their expenses on natural gas and other fuel sources. *
* International Desalination Association Report: Technical Review and the Economics of Water Desalinization 2013
Cleaning Water With The Power Of The Sun
Artic Solar’s ultra-high efficiency XCPC with natural gas backup provides the lowest cost of energy available today. Our technology also offers a substantial reduction in green house gas emissions (see chart below).
Our advanced optics combined with a heat pump deliver a proven 49% reduction in thermal energy usage in a multi-effect distiller (MED) desalination system.*
Unlike standard solar systems, the XCPC collects both direct and indirect sunlight, allowing for usage across the globe. No moving parts and a dust-repellent coating mean minimal O&M costs. Our low-profile roof-mounted systems blend into any environment.
* Pilot Demonstration of Concentrated Solar-powered Desalination, Stuber, et al. in Desalinization 2015
Benefits of Using Our Advanced Solar Technology
- Extends system life
- Lowest levelized cost of energy of any solar technology
- Distillation or Evaporation
- 30% federal tax credit including all components materials and installation labor (USA)
- Grants & incentives available in some areas
- Non-tracking lowers O&M costs
- Non-imaging optics allows for use of both direct and indirect sunlight
Complete project design, engineering services & financing available.
Savings & Green House Gas Reductions
Example: 100Kw System (100 XCPC’s)
Natural Gas = 14,800 therms saved /yr
174,000 lbs. of CO2 and 220 lbs. Nox
Electric = 300,000kWh saved per year
410,000 of CO2 and 1,498 lbs. Nox
HIGHEST REDUCTIONS OF ANY SOLAR TECHNOLOGY ON THE MARKET!
CALL TODAY FOR A QUOTE